THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW
1ST POST

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

When it Rains it Pours.....

This week has started off to a very rocky start. There has been flooding all over the city, and it didn't seem as if it were ever going to stop raining, but it did....FINALLY!! However, the Mississippi River is said to crest at about 48 feet, and it's close to 43 feet now. So, who knows what's going to happen in weeks to come?

What I do know is that on Monday, May 9, 2011, I have to go to Oxford, Ms. to see a psychologist, talk with Dr. King, and complete pre-admissions tests before surgery! It all seems a bit surreal right now!! I'm excited, but there's always that little thing in the back of your mind that causes you to still have some skepticism. I have to take my grandmother (83) and my mother with me to this visit. One reason is because my grandmother is actually helping me finance this surgery, and the other reason is because the doctor suggests that you have a support system in place.

Anybody that knows my grandmother, knows that she will feed anybody & everybody she can! She's really big on not wasting food, thus causing me to be the one whose chosen to eat up whatever is left! LOL. So, having her to go with me to talk with the doctor is a great idea! I think she needs to know how important it is that I eat right as well as what is to be expected during my recovery time.

This surgery is a costing me a PRETTY PENNY! It's over $12, 000.00 and I am paying for it all out of pocket. With that being said, I'm am more than SERIOUS about doing right (i.e. eating healthier, exercising) and really sticking to it! It'll be a shame to spend thousands of dollars on a wls only to gain all of the weight back, or not lose the most weight you can in the initial stages of the surgery! I absolutely refuse to be that person!

I actually see this as a ONE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!! God gives us some opportunities often, and others only once. I plan to seize the moment...carpe diem! Please keep me in your prayers!!!


Dictionary:

wls =weight loss surgery

carpe diem=seize the day...lol

I'll let you all know how the doctor visit goes..........

No comments:

Post a Comment