THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW
1ST POST

Monday, May 30, 2011

Officially 1 Week Away from Surgery! Whoo Hooo!!

Today is May 30, 2011 (Memorial's Day) and I am officially ONE week away from my surgery! I'm a lot bit excited!! This is almost SURREAL for me now, especially since I'm getting closer and closer to show time! LOL. Now, don't get me wrong........I will only do as well as the SURGERY allows me to! I'm praying daily that God guides the hands of the surgeons, as well as make my recovery woes as minimal as possible! Please pray this same prayer!!! Also, I don't want you to see me out in public and ASSUME that you know how much weight I should have lost at a certain point! Though this is a WLS, it isn't a predictor of how much weight comes off & when...I DIDN'T PUT ON ALL OF THE WEIGHT OVERNIGHT (JUST AS ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY), AND I CAN'T EXPECT TO LOSE IT ALL IN A MONTHS TIME (THOUGH I REALLY WISH THAT WERE POSSIBLE). Along with this surgery, many have what the vetereans call a "STALL" ( a point in which no weight is being lost), and though the STALL won't last forever, it has been known to last up to months!!! So, let's also pray I have no STALLS and if in fact it is inevitable, let's pray it only lasts a few days or a week at most! :) Okay, you all....the COUNTDOWN is really ON now......June 6, 2011 is my NEW birthday!! Feel free to give me gifts! I accept gifts of all kind, but the kind that folds always makes me :)!!

Happy Memorial's Day!!! Thank a SERVICEMAN (WOMAN) today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment