THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW
1ST POST

Monday, May 23, 2011

2 Week Pre-Op Diet!!

Today, I'm exactly 2 weeks away from surgery. I woke up in a sea of emotions. I've begun to get nervous. I keep thinking about all of the negatives, rather than the positives even though I know that the pros outweigh the cons. Today I had to start a 2-week doctor supervised diet. It's a LIQUID diet!! Yes, I am on a NOTHING BUT LIQUIDS diet for 2 weeks. I'm praying I survive!! Here's what my diet consists of:


I have to drink 8-10 oz. 8 oz. glasses of water a day.
I have to drink a slim fast drink 3 times a day.
I can also have sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, etc...throughout the day to supplement the water & slim fast!!

YIPPPE??? No, not really!

Please keep me in your prayers! This is a BATTLE, simply because I've had a love affair with food for so long. Parting ways is going to be hard, but it's NECESSARY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Robin you are a strong woman and I know you will be able to make it through this two week liquid diet. I am praying for you daily and I am only a phone call away if you ever need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Cassandra! I think this is definitely TESTING my strength!! LOL. I'm glad to know that I can count on you! You've always been just a phone call away, and I thank God for getting to know you as well as your support!! Don't STOP praying for me!

    ReplyDelete