THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW
1ST POST

Monday, May 9, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster.......God's Ram in the Bush!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today, I went to Oxford, Mississippi for a few appointments. My first appointment was with a psychologist. She talked with my mother, grandmother, and me about what to expect from the surgery. Her main concern was knowing whether or not I have a support system in place during this transition. She was pleased to see that I had people backing me, and I'm sure she was even more pleased to get that check I wrote her for $150.00 for an hour visit...lol! I'm definitely in the WRONG profession!!!

Next, it was on to Dr. King's office. Dr. King is the surgeon who is going to perform my surgery. Most of his staff (except the front desk gal) is very friendly! They make you feel VERY comfortable, and they try to get you excited about what is to come........HOWEVER, Dr. King was running about 1 hour 30 minutes behind schedule today, due to an extra surgery he had to perform, so I had already become a bit agitated. Yet, after finally speaking with Dr. King and being rubbed on & felt up by the man, I felt as if we were old friends....lmbo! He, too, made me feel comfortable and he agreed that having VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) was my best option.

Now, here comes the EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER RIDE that I didn't sign up for.......

After talking with Dr. King, I was set to go pay for the surgery and head on over to the hospital for pre-admissions. My grandmother and I headed to desk, and the lady put in my card number, and the whole computer shut down! I was overly agitated. She then got the computer to come back on, but NOW the printer wouldn't work. SO, finally she got both my payment from my card through, as well as was able to print me off a receipt! Then, it was time to process my grandmother's card. The payment WOULDN'T go through at all. We've used my grandmother's card for a previous oral surgery for me, and I paid it off. Yet, when I would call the company to hear the AVAILABLE CREDIT, it would say ZERO. So, I opted to speak with a representative. I told him my dilemma, and he ASSURED me that everything would be okay.....au contraire mon friar......it wasn't...so I was really beginning to feel as if I were about to retreat to doomsland and become a hermit, because I've waited for so long to have this surgical procedure.

So, the lady felt as if it were because of the machines, and she said that she'd try tomorrow, and give me a call if things didn't pan out. Well, by the time we went through ALL of that, I got to the hospital to PRE-ADMIT, and they were CLOSED for the day! Needless to say, they're going to have to just take all of my info over the phone, etc....because Oxford, MS is almost about a 2 hour drive.....and I don't plan to make it again until the day of my surgery!

Well, after feeling somewhat defeated because I was faced with trying to see how I could come up with the other $4200 for the half of my surgery that my grandmother's card didn't pay for....I simply just prayed a prayer. LORD, IF THIS INDEED YOUR WILL.....LET IT BE DONE. So, when I got to my mom's house, we got on the computer and applied for another CARE CREDIT card in my grandmother's name.....they approved her on the spot for $3500.......$700.....short of the amount I need, but GOD I bless your name....I went from needing $4200, to only needing $700....and I knew that it would be so much easier for me to obtain!

MORAL IS THIS.....Satan will always make the possible seem impossible, but GOD will show you that with him & through him ALL things are possible! Lord, I thank you for showing up once again when I needed you most. You showed me that my TRUST in you has more credence than any "no" Satan can try to dish out! Lord, it is your will!!!! Thank you!!!


GOD PROVIDED ME A RAM....I JUST HAD TO SHAKE THE BUSH A LITTLE TO GET IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment